Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011

Okayyyyyy,
 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! I love saying that! You say it to Japanese people and they have no idea what you are talking about. Soooo I don't know if I have ever mentioned this, but the Tokyo Temple is in my area!! Isn't that awesome!!! So since now it is officially Christmas season, my companion and I and the elders in our district do what we like to call caroling christmas dendo. Which means we stand outside of the temple and try to get people to listen to us sing Christmas hymns and then tell them what the true meaning of Christmas is. We did this last night and it was hilarious. One man said that he would listen but wouldn't cross the street to come hear us so we sang from across the street. It was so funny. People in Japan are always BUSY so they sometimes don't stop but it sure is fun to do! My companion and I pretend like we are Temple Square sister missionaries. It's fun.
 
So for my Thanksgiving, we woke up, did our normal study, did weekly planning which takes 10 years, and then went to a member's home with one of our investigators and had Thanksgiving dinner and a lesson with our investigator. So, Thanksgiving ROCKED. Also don't worry that was certainly NOT the only Thanksgiving dinner we had. I think we had about 4 others this weekend. On Saturday we went to and investigators house to eat lunch at 11am and then went to a member's home for Thanksgiving dinner at 3pm and then went to another member's home to eat Thanksgiving at 7pm. It was hilarious. We were so full we thought we were going to die. I kept leaning over to my companion and saying, "on a scale of 1-10 how are you doing right now?" and she would say, "I dont know if i can answer that.." hahaha it was fun. Needless to say, the bikeride home was a little harder that night.
 
Ok so I am obsessed with Japanese children. I think I have already said that but I'll probably say it 100 more times. They are so cute!!! You get these like 5 year olds who are fluent in Japanese AND English and it blows my mind. So when we were at a member's house for actual Thanksgiving this little boy named Noah was saying the prayer and he would say, "please bless the food, please bless my sister, please bless the missionawies, please bless mommy..." and so on and so on and then in between each thing that he would bless his sister would say "nameajesuschristamen" because she wanted him to end. it was hilarious. And he is like 2 and speaks english and japanese. #coola2yearoldisbetterthanme
 
One quick thing I have learned on my mission ( I think I have already said this before but I will say it again) is how important members are to a missionary's success. THEY MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE. I can't wait to get off of my mission and be the rockstar member that helps the missionaries out always and goes to teach with them and is always thinking of different friends who need to hear the gospel.. That's all! haha
 
I think that is all I have for this week! I love all of you so much! I pray for you!
 
xoxo,
sassyshibuya gossip girl,
Sister Swainston
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment