Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 17, 2013


This week... Went by SO FAST. I couldn't believe it! This week I taught the ABC's to 3 adult Peruvians, held a chocolate making activity for Valentine's day, made one million snickerdoodles for every member in our ward for church yesterday, almost got eaten by a few dogs who were not into hearing the gospel, and much much more!
 
The picture I attached is of this little Peruvian girl named Angie who is in our ward. I am obsessed with her she is HILARIOUS. I accidentally did the letters backwards on her chocolate. oops!!
 
Okay so I just want to share one experience from yesterday. So we had 4 different appointments set up for after church yesterday and every single one of them fell through so we were like uhhhh now what? haha so we wnded up visiting this lady named Mitani san who my companion found housing on exchanges a couple of weeks ago. She belongs to some sort of organization that advocates the importance of families so we brought her a copy of "The Family: A Proclamation to the World". As we were standing on her porch in the FREEZING cold and she was talking to us about her family and Ono shimai was talking about how the Book of Mormon blesses families I just felt that exquisite joy that comes from nothing else but missionary work. The kind of joy that I have only felt on my mission. I LOVE that. I was freezing cold (no joke, thought my toes were going to fall off), this lady didn't really want to join our church or anything but I still felt pure JOY. That is such a miracle to me. It just goes to show that when we are doing what we are supposed to do, being a "good girl or a good boy" as Elder Bednar says, we can feel joy! Even if we are not succeeding or physically and mentally exhausted, ther is joy in righteous living no matter what. It is because of the hope that comes from knowing that principle that I can wake up every morning, work my hardest, and then wake up the next morning and do it again. And so it will be for the rest of my life. I love this gospel so much!!! We have it all!!!!
 
Hope you all have a JOYOUS week too! You know I will!!
 
LOVE
xoxo
gg
Ariel


No comments:

Post a Comment