Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013


Dear Swainston Family,
 
Hello! I'm Sister Ono, Sister Swainston's companion. I just wanted to thank you for your sacrifice to let your wonderful daughter (sister) go on a mission. She has been my companion for almost three month, and she's amazing. She's kind, nice, fun, very very fluent in English, has lots of talents, and a great teacher both for my English or as a missionary. She always teach me many things. I'm so grateful for her example:) But especially, I LOVE her testimony. It is so strong and full of the spirit. I love her. I'm so sad that she's going home soon, but I'm sure we will meet again in Hawaii which makes me so excited to go back and of course, she will be a blessing to many people (especially to Japanese people)!
She is so fun to be with, and we experienced so many fun staff! This week an eikaiwa student gave her a Beyonce CD.... The best part is that he is a Japanese man in his 60s..  and his name is Kippo...hahaha We LOVE Yachiyo!
Anyways, I love you, Swainston Family:)
 
Sister Ono
 
Dearest all,
 
I love that girl. I told her to write my weekly email for me and that's what she wrote... Isn't she AMAZING at English? Anyways, this past Friday we had the wonderful opportunity to have an all mission conference with none other than Elder Russell M. Nelson as the special guest. It was incredible. Such a sacred experience that I will never forget. The first thing he said to us was Thank you. Then he said "p.s. to your families, tell them Brother Nelson says thanks". He talked about how the Lord is hastening His work in so many ways. He also talked about how in life and especially in missionary work we feel inadequate and not able to fulfill the measure of our responsibility. How it is unlikely for a bunch of young girls and boys to go around in a brand new language changing people's eternity. Then he said "Doesn't seem logical does it? Welcome to the club. The Lord uses the unlikely to fulfill promises and you are the unlikely." I love that! A lot of times we are the unlikely and that's just it! We don't need to be anything more, the Lord is the one doing all the work anyway. This work is true! We are just the lucky ones who get to take part in the Lord's miracles and boy am I grateful to be on the front lines in this war against evil cuz in the end, WE WIN.
 
Love you all!!!
xoxo
 
ps: oh yeah, we went to Costco today. This is a pic of my companion TOTES excited.
gg
Ariel


No comments:

Post a Comment