Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 21, 2012

Today, I met Elder Dallin H. Oaks, an apostle of the Lord!!!!!!!!!!! It was AMAZING!!!! He spoke about personal revelation and how now matter who you are, where you are in the world, or what beliefs you have, if you want to know the truth, you can receive personal revelation through the spirit! The meeting was so awesome. We had our whole mission there and it was held in the building right next to the temple which is my area. The spirit was incredibly strong. I got to sit on the first row because I was singing for it and it was like you could literally feel the power of an apostle. You know when you have a really spiritual experience so you are literally physically tired afterward? That is how I feel. I know that we have a prophet on earth today and he has 12 apostles who are special witnesses of Jesus Christ. I love Elder Oaks so much! He was so kind to let every missionary come up and meet him and shake his hand.
In other news, for P-day we went to a place called Kamakura. (see attached photo). It is a really famous place here in Japan that has a GIANT Buddha and a bunch of shrines and temples and stuff. We went around to a few places there, had some sweet potatoe ice cream (there is something really disturbing about that I know) and met these little ninja men who legit run around kamakura with little carriages attached to them carrying people to the different sights. I thought of my dad and how he would 100% love those little ninjas. There was also a little shop near (see other attached photo) that reminded me of my dad. It had every kind of weapon in Japanese history there for you to buy. Oh how much I wanted to take a picture with ninja swords and ninja stars and such..
Anyway, that was my week! Sorry I don't have much time as always but THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!! I love being a missionary! Oh yeah and we get a new mission president this summer! They just announced it will be President Todd Budge. So excited!!!
LOVE YOU!!!
xoxoninjagossipgirl2012
Sister Swainston
p.s. my companion has adopted totes into her everyday vocabulary. #soproud




No comments:

Post a Comment