Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14, 2012


So this is kinda weird writing since I just skyped with my family a few hours ago..
 
Nevertheless, another great week in the mission field!! Miracles are happening right and left! Literally every single day on a mission you see a miracle. It is pretty awesome.
 
I don't know if you want to call this a miracle or not but Lady Gaga is currently in Japan. I know this only because we have an investigator who went to her concert last night. And the best part is she sent us pictures from her concert on our phone. We almost cried laughing as we were scrambling trying to remember any Lady Gaga songs (which we couldn't do for the LIFE of us) so we could relate it to the gospel. Don't doubt it was easily gospel relatable. Which brings me to my next point. I have decided I would like to do a "You know you're a missionary when you..." quote if you will every week.
 
This week: You know you're a missionary when you say things like, "I can't believe I've never topical guide-ed the word light yet!"
   Another:  You know you're a missionary when you get asked to do a ghetto dance by your family on skype and you LOST your ghetto-ness. (I'm so ashamed)
 
Anyway, my companion and I have been having a lot of those moments lately so we decided we would start writing them down.
 
Let's see what else.... Oh I forgot to tell you that last week we were waiting for someone to meet us at this huge building place thing (good description I know) and all the sudden we found ourselves in a full on fairy museum. Yep I guess Japanese people are fascinated with fairies? I don't know.. BUT it was hilarious because the lady working there was DEAD serious about this museum. It wasn't normal at all. But funny.
 
Yesterday I was sitting in church next to our bishop's wife and our most recent convert and I was just looking around at all the members and I literally wanted to cry (I probably did) but I was so overwhelmed with a feeling of such deep love for these people. As I got up to sing in the ward choir and Fukuda san (our most recent convert) was up there singing with us, I felt like I was just with my family. These people mean the world to me. They teach me so much through their example and their dedication to the Lord and the gospel. I know I have probably said this before but it really is a feeling of love and joy I didn't really know that existed before my mission.
 
I LOVE this work so much and am SOOOOO glad I am on a mission. I don't know what kind of person I would be if I had never met the people I have and made the friends that I have made.
 
I hope everyone gave their mom a huge hug and told her you love her. I love my mom more than words can properly describe and there is definitely NO WAY I could ever express how much she has changed my life and made me into the person I am. To this day I think of her example of love and charity when I want to be more like my Savior. Mom YOU ROCK. Seriously.
 
xoxo,
gossip girl
 
p.s. Dad I thoroughly enjoyed watching you do the wop on skype today. So did my companion. Also glad to see you still got your suspenders on. Yep, that's my dad!  

No comments:

Post a Comment