Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22, 2012


Dearest family and friends,
 
愛する兄弟姉妹、
 
Another week as a missionary!! All this time and I legit every day have the omgimamissionaryinjapan moments. Yep, they don't go away!
 
First things first, the attached picture is of Mano shimai (my companion), me, and one of our investigators. And yes your eyes aren't mistaking you.
We are at what is called an Aloha Yoga class. First ballet, then yoga, what's next?! Can't wait! Our investigator took us to the class and I literally
had to do everything in my power to hold back my laugh at the noises these people were making as they exhaled. Bottom line, my body is definitely
not the same as it used to be. There is something about missionary work that makes you hurt in places you never knew existed and you wake up in
the morning not sure how to go about getting out of bed but then you just want to do it all over again! It's maybe a little bit like pregnancy, or so I hear.
You just forget about all the pain because the good parts outweigh the bad.
 
On to some more serious stuff. So this week I was sitting in Relief Society having one of those moments where I had absolutely no idea what they were
saying (yes those still happen frequently) so I silently read from the George Albert Smith book where we were studying out of. I got to page 107 and it was talking about like reading scriptures as a family or something. Anyways, I was thinking about how in my family there was NEVER a time where my dad was too busy or we
were even allowed to be too busy for church. It is one of those things that I didn't realize at the moment but my parents were teaching me how to prioritize
my life with the things of eternity and eternal consequence always coming first. It is like one of my favorite Mormon Messages "Moments That Matter Most"
Life isn't about making ourselves busy with the world. It is about slowing down a little and lifting up our eyes to the things that matter most. I LOVE THAT.
This life rocks. And if your life doesn't ROCK, God wants it to so figure it out!
 
Okay that's all I have for this week! Eat a spoonful of peanut butter for me ok! Then call your local missionaries for a nice visit.
 
LOVE FROM JAPAN!!!!
 
xoxo,
gossipkitty
Sister Swainston
スウェインストンしまい




No comments:

Post a Comment