Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2, 2012

AKEMASHITE OMEDETO GOZAIMASU!!!!
(that is what everyone has been saying all weekend idk....)

hhahaha jk it is like happy new year.. anyways the picture attached is pretty self explanatory. but dont doubt it was 100% my idea. If you look closely it is written in Kanji as well (obvi my companion did that part) You get creative when you are on a mission.. haha So for New Year's eve we went to the bishop of our Japanese ward's home and had some traditional Japanese food! It was awesome! I am really starting to like Japanese food. (although I still crave mexican food like its my job) Today I made my companion a quesadilla for lunch and she was amazed she didn't know what hit her. anyways, like I said in my last email i think, New Years is a PBD here. So things pretty much shut down from the 31st of December to the 4th of January. It is weird to walk around and not see 6gajillion people everywhere. It also makes dendo (missionary work) hard because everyone is gone and or extra busy with parties and visiting the shrines and stuff so they won't listen. BUT last night I went to one of our investigator's homes and we had a cereal party (also my idea) and a lesson. It was definitely how I would have chosen to spend the holiday. My investigator is married to a church member and they are like my family here. I love them so so so much and can't wait until the day I can see them be sealed in the temple FOREVER!! Don't doubt I will do everything in my power to be there! (first he needs to get baptized though.. don't worry I am working on it!). Let's seee.... There was a pretty big earthquake yesterday. It felt big to me but it was not a big deal to everyone else. We were at our church building which is ancient so it shook pretty hard and went on for at least 30 seconds which is pretty long. Anyway, I can't really think of anything else except for I believe I spent like 20 minutes over lunch the other day trying to explain to my companion the meaning of "hot mess" it was next to impossible but I was like crying laughing the whole time. OH! And yesterday one of our other investigators came to church and she hasn't been drinking coffee for like 4 days! THIS IS HUGE!!! We are really excited about her too! She is unique beyond measure and I am obsessed with her. Well, happy holidays!!! I love all of you! I love my Savior and I know I am where I am supposed to be finding my friends in Japan!!

xoxo,
gossipgirl

(I still love putting that at the end of my emails... doesn't get old..)



No comments:

Post a Comment