Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 17, 2012


Dearest family and friends,
 
I LOVE BEING A MISSONARY. Do I say that every email? Maybe. Because it is true!!! Seriously I can say I have felt joy on my mission that I never knew existed. Ok so this week Fukuda san got the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was SO SPIRITUAL slash hilarious. He gets done with the blessing and as he is walking back to his seat (keep in mind he has the taped glasses and two face masks) he is like hyperventalating (cant spell) like full on deeeeeep breaths in and out with his hands out like he was meditating (with the middle finger and thumb touching). He comes and sits down and is still breathing deeply (loud) and my companion and I are trying our best to hold back our inappropriate laughing. Needless to say, Fukuda san felt the Holy Ghost!
 
Also this week, I GOT TO DO SPLITS WITH EDSTROM SHIMAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (for those who don't remember, she is my MTC companion) So we were companions for a day and right now she is in the area that Jeff (Melissa's brother) lives!! So it just so happened that we were able to go eat dinner at their home! IT WAS AMAZING! Jeff made INCREDIBLE Japanese food and I got to see his CUTE baby and the rest of the fam!!! I was SO grateful that it just worked out perfectly! They are such wonderful people and I feel so blessed to be able to see some of my family on my mission! Edstrom shimai and I sang I am a Child of God and I am pretty sure they took a home video of it. Included is the CUTE picture of Nikkkkko!!!! I love him! (please pardon the fact that I am as white as a ghost and have gained a few sister missonary lbs). All in all, I have known now more than ever on my mission that the Lord has a specific plan for each and every person on this earth. We just have to listen.
 
In other news, our investigator Toru san has a baptismal date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is getting baptized on May 6th (early birthday present for me) and I can't wait!! Seriously 1 billion miracles are happening every day in Utsunomiya and it is seriously going to explode any second. My companion and I went housing last week and when we knocked on people's doors we would ask them if we could sing them a song. Then we would sing them I am a Child of God in Japanese (she's an alto luckily). Well we met this mom and her daughter and we have an appointment to go back and teach them about the gospel and how EVERYONE deserves to have the joy of raising a family in the gospel! Can't wait! Anyway, not much time, we went to the temple today for p-day and it takes 2 hours to get there by train so that leaves not much email time! I LOVE YOU ALL!!
 
xoxo,
gg
senkyoushibabygurlqt2012


No comments:

Post a Comment