Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 1, 2013


Happy New Year! It is 2013! I am in the future!!

A new year, a new transfer and a new COMPANION!!!! Yep! That's right! She's JAPANESE! I am so happy!!! I have only had one other Japanese companion on my mission. Her name is Sister Ono and she is the bomb. She is from Okayama which is a place by Hiroshima. She is on her 7th transfer (I'm on my 11th now) and she is an angel!  Remember last year when I took the "last picture of 2011" with my companion? Well, I did it this year too! (after we popped a bottle of Martinellies). Also for New Years Eve we went to a member's home and had a traditional Japanese New Years dinner. Sushi and chicken and shrimp and other Japanese foods that I can't explain in English. It was so much fun! (picture included).

We had another baptism on Saturday (the elder's investigator) and it was an amazing service. The person who got baptized has been an investigator for over 5 years. After he was baptized he gave his testimony and it was amazing. He told his conversion slash life story and he has not had the easiest life but the gospel has helped him to feel true joy. It was really a testimony to me that whoever, wherever, no matter what circumstance, the gospel can make you happier then you can ever imagine. It also gave me hope for all the people I have taught on my mission who are not quite ready to receive the gospel. I know that one day they will and I cannot wait to see their faces light up with the joy of the gospel changing them for good.

The Lord is 100% in every single details of our lives and I am so grateful for that. I spent some time today thinking of my goals and what things I want to accomplish in 2013. It is gonna be a great year. I am sure of that.

Happy New Year!
LOVE YOU ALL!

Love,
xoxo
gg
Ariel




1 comment:

  1. So jealous of your life right now sister Swainston! Work hard, missions can't last forever!!

    ReplyDelete