Friday, January 18, 2013

January 18, 2013


Hello from the ARCTIC NORTH.
 
Seriously it is so cold here I can't even know what to do with myself. Today we were outside by the train station giving out fliers for Eikaiwa and I literally thought I was going to die. It is times like those that you just have to do weird things to have fun and get the cold off your mind slash then you have to remind yourself that after trials come blessings. Plus, it could be much worse. I could be serving my mission somewhere like Russia or something. #goodthingGodknowsme
 
Anyway, as you might be able to tell by the fact that I am emailing so late, this week has been SUPER busy. But I would much rather prefer busy weeks then weeks when we have no appointments. We have been blessed. Thanks for your prayers! So on Sunday we had a little girl named Momoka's baptism. She is 8 and her parents are members but her mom wanted her to choose for herself slash understand what she was commiting to by being baptized so we taught her all of the lessons. I have done that a few times on my mission and I love it! The first picture I attached is of my companion and I and Momoka. She is an angel I love her SO much!
 
In other news, I no longer have the boot! I have graduated to normal shoes and a really cute lace up brace thingy when I don't wear boots that support my ankle. It feels great to walk normal again! Also the doctor says I can run, dance, ride my bike, etc. I went to the hospital on the navy base again and on that same day there was a giant snow storm in Tokyo slash surrounding areas. So that day was filled with stopped trains and lots of traffic no matter where we went. Everyone doesn't know what to do with themselves when it snows her apparently. The second picture I attached is of me when it just started snowing. As you can see I am not very recognizable as a human these days because it is so cold that I just put on pretty much every article of clothing I own. The third picture I attached I took when waiting for our train at the platform of the train station. That is also not too long after it started snowing. I love the train stations btw. They don't get old to me I still always feel like I am in a movie or something when I go on the train which is pretty much every day...
 
Yesterday we went on splits with another area in the mission called Hibarigaoka. As sisters we do splits about twice a transfer. It is where we trade companions for a day and get to learn from another person and miracles ALWAYS happen. I went on splits with this sister who I am obsessed with I seriously love her. Her name is Nagamine shimai. Well we had a lesson in the morning with an investigator who we haven't been able to meet for about a transfer. We taught her and everything was just flowing really well. The Spirit was DEFINITELY guiding this lesson. Then at the end of the lesson we got on our knees and our investigator prayed and it was SO bomb. She was full on having a conversation with God when up until now she would always just read the pamphlet that has 'how to pray' written in it. The spirit was SO strong and for the millionth time I received a witness from the Holy Ghost that God really is there. He loves all of us and wants to hear from us all the time. He is waiting to hear from His children. It was during this split that I once again felt the absolute PURE joy that comes from teaching the restored gospel. It is something so exquisite that I could never put in words but I can say that I feel so blessed to be a part of God's work right now. The work is hastening! Like it says in Doctrine and Covenants section 88 verse 73, "I will hasten my work in its time" well I KNOW that the time has come!!! So don't wait! Don't be left behind because it is a lot funner to be a part of this amazing work then sit on the sidelines. I love this gospel so much and I love my Savior!
 
I love you all!!!!!
 
LOVE LOVE
xoxo
gg
Ariel
 
ps I taught my companion "too legit to quit" the other day. You should hear her say it. You should also hear her say "dang it" which she also started to say because of me. My biggest triumph was when a member in my ward (she is like a 50 something year old lady mind you) started to say a little phrase that I ALWAYS say (in Japanese) and she said it once and was like, oops! I started saying that because of you! It was then that I had the reassurance that my personality is being portrayed when I speak Japanese. I don't even know if that explanation made sense.. Oh well..




No comments:

Post a Comment